Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fruit Pizza

I confess I have been so distracted lately. I've been recording my experiments in the kitchen for nearly a year now, and I haven't been this preoccupied with things other than food in a long time. First I've gotten some more responsibilities at work. It's been good to be busy copy editing and proofreading--keeps me busy. (For those of you who may be AAA members in Oklahoma, South Dakota and Minneapolis, please be kind when you receive your next mag.) And then there's this boy ... and that's all I'm going to say about it.
Before all that, Megan and I spent a free Saturday bustling around the kitchen. I made the granola, and she made this great fruit pizza. I'm not sure where her inspiration came in, but everyone doubted her. Her mom said that fruit pizza was very difficult to make. And I don't know what Eric said, but he likes to tease her about her cooking. She had a small, insignificant mishap when the cookie dough melted over the sides of the baking tray and burned onto the bottom of the stove. But, as you can see in the top photo, it turned out beautifully. And it only took us two-and-a-half days to finish eating it.
Megan's Fruit Pizza:
For pizza:
1 can of sugar cookie dough

For icing:
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

For topping:
handful bluberries
handful sliced strawberries
1 mango, peeled and diced
1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out sugar cookie dough on a baking sheet. Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until cookie is light, golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla and blend with electric mixer until smooth. Once cookie has cooled spread frosting on the pizza. Decorate with fruit. Voila, pretty easy and irresistable.

2 comments:

Maria said...

That looks both delicious and beautiful. I might make this for my department's beginning of the year potluck picnic!

hannah queen | honey & jam said...

That looks amazing! Now I want to do this.