Monday, June 1, 2009

Vegetarian Meatballs

Megan has been raving about her homemade vegetarian meatballs since I've gotten back from Africa. And if you know Meg, she on the humble/self-conscious side and would never brag about anything unless it was over-and-above delicious. Though I was out of the country, I think there are a few meatless-balls packed away in the freezer, waiting for me to steal. Meatless Meat Balls: 6 eggs 1 8-oounce package cream cheese 1 1/2 cups soda cracker crumbs (add more if needed) 1 cup portabello mushrooms, chopped into small pieces 1 cup pecan pieces, chopped 1 medium onion, minced 1.5 tsp salt Mix everything together. Form into balls. Heat oil in a large sauce pan and brown the meatballs in oil. Put into casserole dish. Cover balls with tomato sauce. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Good servied with spaghetti or with sauteed vegetables.

1 comment:

Sarah Baker said...

I am seriously excited to try these. I haven't had a meatball in ages!