Monday, March 2, 2009

The Best Brownies Ever Made

Last Sunday was a banner day for the Seyler's. My mom made the best meatloaf, and my sister made the best brownies to ever come forth from an oven. She even messed up and put in half the chocolate, and they were still amazing. My family polished off the entire tray of brownies in one afternoon. My favorite moment was when I walked into the kitchen and caught my grandma sneaking up to snatch another brownie on the sly. She is a chocolate fiend. My mom made another batch the next day with the proper amount of chocolate, and (of course) they were twice as amazing. She doesn't even like chocolate. The brownies are dense and chocolatey with a thick, crispy top--the reason everyone loves brownies. Here's Emily showing off her masterpiece:

Fudge Brownie Supreme: taken from the All-American Cookie Book that my mom found at a thrift store 1 stick butter plus 2 tablespoons 5 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate 1 cup sugar 1/3 cup light brown sugar 3 eggs 2 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2/3 cup flour 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa 1/4 teaspoon salt Microwave and nearly melt butter and chocolate. Mix in sugars and eggs/vanilla. Mix in remaining dry ingredients. Pour into greased 8x8 pan. Bake 350 for 28 minutes. It has a great gooey center and an outer crust for texture.

No comments: